Volunteer Retail Assistant – Peterborough, Westgate
Our new Pop-Up Shop will provide us with an opportunity to engage with the public in Peterborough, and our Volunteer Retail Assistants will play a crucial role in ensuring all our customers have a positive experience which will hopefully translate into support through membership, volunteering etc.
For more information, please contact:
Rachel Price firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wildlife Trust for Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire is embarking on an exciting project to create a pop-up shop for 6 weeks in The Westgate Arcade, Queensgate Shopping Centre, Peterborough. The gift shop will be crucial in raising the profile of the Wildlife Trust and generating more income for the work we do around the three counties. The shop will also promote and sell memberships of The Wildlife Trust.
The role of Volunteer Retail Assistant will be vital in generating extra income but can be flexible to your skills and interests, and will entail some or all of the following:
- working with staff and other volunteers to provide a positive and welcoming first impression for all customers
- selling our range of gift items at the shop
- restocking retail products and information sources as required
- promoting and selling memberships and gift memberships of The Wildlife Trust
- providing information on the Wildlife Trust and Wildlife Trust membership
- Using the till and handling cash
- ensuring the counter and shop are kept organised and tidy