Nene Wetlands pond dipping and mini-beasting sessions
, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6FA
About the event
Our popular outdoor school holiday sessions are back!
Come and join us in our designated education area on Tuesday over October half-term and see what amazing creatures you can discover. Get up close to the weird and wonderful invertebrates that live beneath the surface of the lakes during our pond dipping activity and then compare these to the creepy crawlies and flying insects that live in the meadows and woodland.
Due to Covid-19, these sessions will be running a little differently from normal.
Your safety is our main priority and as a result, we will be implementing the following precautions to ensure that everyone stays safe whilst taking part. Please ensure that you have read and understood the steps outlined below before booking your tickets.
- At this stage, we can only accommodate a maximum of 10 people per session (split into groups of no more than 5 for each activity) so please ensure you book the appropriate number of tickets for your group, including all adults and children, regardless of age.
We regret that we will not be able to accommodate any additional people that turn up on the day.
- Please do not attend the event if you, or anyone in your household/ social bubble feels unwell or is exhibiting an symptoms of Covid-19. Full refunds will be given if you are unable to attend due to illness (but please do let us know asap if you can't make it).
- If you, or anyone else in your household/social bubble starts to feel unwell during the session, please let the activity leader know as soon as possible.
- When booking your tickets, please ensure that your contact details are correct and up to date so that we can contact you in case anyone who attends the session becomes unwell afterwards.
- Please observe 2 meter social distancing guidelines from other people who are not in your group during the session. This includes the session leader.
- We will ensure that all equipment is only used by your group during the session and is thoroughly cleaned between sessions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
PriceFamily of 2 £12
Family of up to 3 £18
(For families of more than 3, you will need to book more than one ticket to ensure you have the correct number of people).
Wildlife Trust BCN members can get 15% off ticket prices by using the promo code WTBCNmember
Please note that booking fees apply.
Know before you go
Sessions take place a short walk away from the visitor centre (5 minutes). There are hard surfaced paths leading to the education area and bark chip paths (which may be uneven) within the education area.
Wheelchair accessUneven paths in education area may not be suitable for wheelchairs.
What to bring
On the day of the activity, please come to the Nene Wetlands Visitor Centre (on the boardwalk at Rushden Lakes, NN10 6FA) where you will be given instructions regarding the session.
Toilets and hand washing facilities are available next to the visitor centre but these are likely to be busy so please allow plenty of time to use these before the session begins.
To ensure everyone's safety, please observe 2m social distancing guidelines and follow all instructions given by the activity leader.
As these sessions take place outdoors, please ensure that all attendees are dressed appropriately for the activity and the weather (long trousers, longs sleeves, and closed in shoes recommended).
If you have any queries regarding the sessions, please contact us on 01933 7798587 or email email@example.com.
We look forward to exploring with you!