Weekend Visitor Engagement Volunteer
, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6FA
For more information and to express an interest, contact Viktoria Marta, Supporter Engagement and Retail Officer.
Email Viktoria.firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 07931325888
Our Nene Wetlands Visitor Centre provides us with a fantastic opportunity to engage with the public, and our new Weekend Visitor Engagement Volunteers will play a crucial role in ensuring all visitors to the centre and the nature reserve have a positive experience, which we hope will translate into increased support through membership and volunteering.
We’re looking for people with a passion for wildlife conservation and an active interest in the reserve, and who are confident communicators, to help us engage with visitors and explain all that the Nene Wetlands have to offer.
The role of Weekend Visitor Engagement Volunteer is vital in ensuring all visitors to the centre and the wider nature reserve have an enjoyable visit and are supportive of the work of the Wildlife Trust. The role can be flexible to your skills and interests, and will entail some or all of the following:
- working with staff and other volunteers to provide a positive and welcoming first impression for all visitors
- greeting visitors and answering/’signposting’ initial questions and queries
- providing information to visitors on wildlife sightings, events & activities, volunteering opportunities and Wildlife Trust membership
- engaging every customer to the visitor centre in accordance to the customer vision, thanking existing members for their support, talk to visitors about membership, gain support (donations or new memberships) towards the conservation work of the Trust
- selling goods from the retail space; there will be money handling involved with this and the handling of EPOS system
- restocking retail products and information sources as required
- cashing up the till at the end of the day
- opening/closing the Visitor Centre
- taking bookings for events
- answering the telephone and logging calls
- ensuring the welcome desk and visitor centre are kept organised and tidy
- helping with optics sales and demonstrations, as well as equipment hire